Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Table

Yesterday I wrote a post about our Christmas menu today I will take it one step further and let you in on what my inspiration is for our table setting...

Now given my current financial state of not being employed and all it will of course be cheap and rely on things we already have. Luckily I got married in September so there is a huge amount of 'stuff' available (benefits of buy over hire kick in).

I wouldn't say I am a lover of traditional Christmas, use see it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me living in Australia where a white Christmas only occurs if you happen to live in far north Queensland or coastal Western Australia and the white you are seeing is not snow but sand. So as always with my 'boring' taste our Christmas will be simple and have a base colour scheme of white. Because others will surely disagree I have decided to add to that wonderful colour of white the following; gold, cream and green. I think it's a wonderfully fresh palette.

source: created by Stuart of What Wilson Wants

source: DIY Oversized Fabric Chandelier by Elsie on A Beautiful Mess and the Martha Stewart Christmas Workshop
source: Kate Harrison via Green Wedding Shoes

source: Scott Andrew Studio via Enjoy Events Co.


Source: Cakes by My Sweet and Saucy, Braedon Flynn via Grey Likes Weddings

source: Jennifer Eileen Photography via Forget Me Knot Weddings and Enjoy Events Co.

Yep so that's pretty much it... we plan on setting up two of our 3x3m tents in the backyard, using some of the Ikea Lill Curtains we purchased for the wedding, with two of the folding trestle tables purchased from Bunnings and the dining chairs that Joel and I recovered. From the top of each of the tents I will string the DIY Fabric Chandeliers (above) but instead of using an old baking tray and twinkle lights i might simplify it, using the lights we created for the wedding. I wish with all my heart I could have the dinner set I have been searching for but both money and local availability are working against me. I plan on using the gold crowns (with name inscribed in bottom corner) as place names and though i haven't got either pictured was thinking about painting a gold edge on some glasses we have and if i can find it 'gold-glittering' some deer (got to have something Christmasey).

Hopefully I can pull it together how I envisage it....

No comments:

Post a Comment