Sunday, October 30, 2011

White Fur Capelets

I am so amazed at myself!! today I got up and said to myself no! not another wasted day in front of my laptop! and got all my crafty stuff out and started on one of my many many projects I have been pondering. :)

This one is a Christmas present for my cute as buttons nieces (so to my sister if you are reading this look away!)

Like many crafty people I have stashes of things that have been bought but left neglected for extended periods of time - the white fur I used for the capes was one of these things. I bought it when I was still in high school (about 5 years ago now) with the intention of making a blanket (thank-god I didn't) and then after seeing several cute kids capes around decided that little princesses always need luxurious capes and since I had two little princesses, some white fur and copious amounts of charmeuse I needed to make me some.


OMG!! aren't they just so adorable! I can't wait to see their faces when they open them on Christmas day :)
just in case you were wondering I found a tutorial here on how to make them, there are so many out there but this one is really good and the little collar really makes it.

I didn't take any pics as I was making them because a) my work area was a total mess and b) both camera batteries had died so I had to wait until they were charged.

But this is not all I did, the other day I was going to chuck out a whole heap of cereal boxes (the joys of living with men, they NEVER chuck stuff out) when I thought maybe I could make something out of them. So voila! with a little cutting, fabric and spray adhesive they became these cute gift boxes!


I finished packaging the little capes with folded white tissue paper and a ribbon


I also made that little bow you see out of magazine pages it was inspired by this one, but unfortunately the colours didn't really go... no matter I kept it in my stash... never now when it might be useful :)

oh and also while getting these pics off my camera I found a picture I took of our dinner the other night, Scotch Fillet with Mashed Potato, Baked Parmesan Asparagus and Mushroom Gravy it was so tasty


No comments:

Post a Comment