Wednesday, October 26, 2011

alice in wonderland

for my mother-in-laws 50th birthday she is (we are) planning an Alice and Wonderland inspired gala.... thing is it isn't due to happen for another 2 or so years so i can't really get excited about it yet or do to much planning etc but needless to say I have and if you are interested here is my Pinterest board Alice.

so with this seemingly long amount of time to the actual event i will take it slow and start off with the paper side of things because well they usually come first anyway.... this is my collection of ideas (my gift to her)

source: MrYen (no longer available) via Design is Mine and Tag Team Tompkins via Paper Crave
source: Kim Le Photography via Style Me Pretty
source: Delphine taken by Joielala Photographie styled by Couture Events
source: Kasey Buick via The Inspired Occasion and Tina Tarnoff

source: a Couple of Cameras via Style Me Pretty
source: Better Homes and Gardens and Loralee Lewis
 as i do not have the last say on this one i can't say what kind of direction they will end up going, what i can tell you is that she likes purple, Twilight, Muse, sewing (quilting), bright colours, fairy lights, Christmas .... etc

so far she has told me her plan is to have around 50 people, seated at around 8-seater round tables on the verandah (it's a huge one), she liked the idea of a photobooth, she wants to have a tea-cup at every place setting and we discussed the idea of flower arrangements in tea-pots (I added a whole lot of pictures of these to my Pinterest board), a giant chessboard might happen and trivia in secret boxes (or tea-pots?). I'm probably missing something but no doubt she will shortly let me know :)

items we are on the lookout for include clocks/watches, keys, tea-cups, tea-pots, she is thinking plastic chairs but i'm not so sure...    

No comments:

Post a Comment