Monday, March 19, 2012

On the Table

Yesterday I was totally patting myself on the back for my cheap food efforts and today I am going to share why.

A few days ago I bought some beef mince - that mince made us some hamburgers and a pie with some left over filling so I decided to make eggplant lasagne/moussaka - I don't really know what the technical name is for it I just kinda made it up as I went along.

So you might remember me mentioning that I went to a cheesemaking course with my mother-in-law, generally most cheeses require more equipment than I currently have but not ricotta. Ricotta any fool can make providing they have a litre of milk, some white vinegar, a dependable saucepan and some kind of draining device. Yep so I made me some ricotta and well what do you know I had an eggplant hanging around in the fridge so I grilled some up and the rest is as they say history....

 But I'm guessing I should give the people some details....

Take some ramekins (I used 4) layer in some basic bolognese type mince, grill up some eggplants (I used about 1/2 an eggplant thinly sliced) and a bit of ricotta cheese mixed with 1 egg and some pepper. Layer and then add some more cheese I used both parmesan and grated cheddar, pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes and 'dig in' 

If you would like me to share my ricotta recipe please leave a comment below or alternatively pop over to the Stepford Facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment