Thursday, June 21, 2012

Anything Can Happen Friday!!

This morning Joel and I are off to The Block Live Show in Sydney after winning tickets via Katrina From the Block so today I am leaving you to peruse the lovely wares of a fellow Emma, Emma from Little Owl Trinkets. After seeing Emma's stall at both the Olive Tree and Cherry Blossom markets I shot her off a message with a few questions.....


How did you come about the business of 'making'? 
Well, I have been 'making' since I can remember - with two professional artists in my family, it’s always been part of my life. I didn't start selling my creations until last year, when I had a chance meeting with another local Newcastle artist, Jo Dyer, who inspired me to follow my dream!

Who is your biggest supporter?
I think that would have to be a tie between my husband and my mum. My husband is incredibly supportive of my art; he even encouraged me to start working part time so I could pursue my art career. My mum is fantastic too! I have attended about 20 market stalls and she hasn't missed one yet!


Where do you see your 'making' taking you (in an optimistic world)? 
I dream of owning my own boutique shop, filled with beautiful art, jewellery, home wares and books. A place with a relaxing atmosphere, where people could bring a coffee and sit for a while, or watch me working on my next piece!


Where can we get your stuff? 
You can buy my work online at www.littleowltrinkets.com or visit me at the Olive Tree Markets, Art Bazaar Markets or Cherry Blossom Markets!

If you could be any animal in the world what would it be? 
An owl. Did you guess that already? I love owls, which may be a bit obvious from my work. I particularly love Barn Owls.


A big thank-you to Emma for taking the time to answer my questions and if you would like to keep up to date with her latest exploits head on over to her Facebook page here.

And if any other 'makers' would be interested in a feature please find details on my Facebook page in the about section here

No comments:

Post a Comment