Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cinco de Mayo DIY no.2

So I mentioned earlier that a Chilli Chocolate Lava Cake would be on its way and here it is... a little late but better late than never especially when it comes to chocolate!!

Looks pretty good right? I made three of these babies and good thing I did because after I cracked this one open I ended up eating it for lunch... I was feeling like I needed a winner today, a no hassle recipe that wouldn't fail on me - you might notice like Joel did that there is no chocolate oozing out the centre - this is not the recipe's fault. You see I used an 'ole faithful Donna Hay recipe but chocolate doesn't last too long in this house so the gooey choc centre was a lot smaller than it should have been and in this case must have been located further to the right rather than the centre. But I assure you it was there. And it tasted damn good.

The other great thing about it is the simplicity of the recipes - granted not all of us have a packet of almond meal and some chocolate laying around but it is SO easy to make and as Donna points out great for dinner parties because you can make in advance and then pop in the microwave to warm up. If you aren't sure about the heat in this you can omit the cayenne but other than a kick at the end it doesn't detract from the chocolate. In fact they are so good I ... might... go...eat ...one ... right now ....

2 comments: