Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Eggs

It never rains but it pours???? I seem to go through periods of time in which everything needs doing all at once when just 2 weeks prior I had all the time in the world. I don't know how it happens but it does so I have not managed to show you how we decorated our eggs when we were children, but I can tell you.

Every Easter my mother would gather some eggs, we would make a pin prick in the top and bottom and blow the egg white/yolk out. I can't remember what would happen to the insides but we then got to decorate our eggs and stored them in our Easter baskets (see Monday's post). I remember making mine look like a human (or trying to anyway) and looking after it as you would a baby (or a doll I guess). I would feed it, tuck it in its little basket bed and try my hardest to keep it 'alive' (read: not broken) for as long as I could or let's face it until I got bored of it. It was simple but it became an important ritual.

So in my place feel free to make your own egg person or even just decorate an egg, if you are lost for ideas Martha Stewart is always full of them.

I always like the simple approach...

Courtney of Merriment for Oh Joy!
and please do share if you have painted yourself some pretty eggs!! I would LOVE to see them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment