Monday, April 9, 2012

On the Table

So it will be pretty obvious that I ran ran ran out of time last week when it came to my Easter posting and after 5 days in the wilderness with no power, no water and no phone reception it feels kinda strange to be back on the computer with lights and clean hair that may still have some remnants of smoke, ash and that general camping smell but nonetheless clean. We will be home a few hours more and then its up north  to visit the other side of the family. It sucks with just us so I can't imagine how families do it all with munchkins in tow.

There were many wonderful things we did while away but as it is Tuesday I will share some food with you. Along with the usual camping fare of sausages, bacon, eggs, porridge, baked beans etc we also enjoyed an amazing bread and butter pudding baked on the coals in a camp oven and some lovely chestnuts...roasted on an open fire....


which just proves camping food need not be boring you just have to have some imagination :)

I am not sure how consistent I will be with my posting this week so I do apologise if you read regularly, things will be back to normal soon enough.

In the meantime I hope everyone had a happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment