Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 16

So Christmas is a little over a week away... WHY DOES IT HAVE TO COME UP SO QUICK?? can you tell I am freaking out about my lack of organization etc so thought I would do a quick check of my Christmas 25 list as my Mother-in-law says there is nothing better than ticking items off a list.... 

1. Make eggnog
2. Make a gingerbread house
3. Make and send Christmas cards
4. Make Christmas presents
5. Decorate Tree
6. Sew a tree ruffle
7. Joel make Emma amazing creative dinner on BBQ (his idea)
8. Spend a day in Sydney
9. Watch a Christmas movie
10. Brew amazing coffee
11. Brew/make amazing hot chocolate
12. Go to the farmer's markets
13. Go to the beach (this should be easy once we move YAY)
14. Do the Bather's Walk
15. Visit the Hunter Valley region
16. Eat seafood
17. Have a Christmas party
18. Have a waterfight
19. Play a sport in the park
20. Fly kites
21. Watch the carols
22. Be selfless!!
23. Play a board game
24. Make stockings
25. Slow dance to 'Dreaming of a White Christmas' on Christmas Eve

so it doesn't really look like much does it.... well it probably isn't but I feel I need to flesh out a few things on here.... you see I don't want it to be an excuse more I just don't want to tick it off until I am COMPLETELY done.


You see we have technically been to the beach, a few times actually but I didn't take any pictures so I don't want to cross it off yet. Also I have half-made several presents including the envelope clutch below....


I am not 100% happy with it... I used a heavy upholstery fabric I had laying around and thought it would maintain the stiffness but alas it is... floppy and short of undoing it all and inserting plastic or card into it there is not much I can do.. it also still needs a button or clasp of some kind. And I also have been spending way too much time on making my tree ruffle. By god it better be worth it when it's done because it is driving a severe wedge between me and my sewing machine. I have also sewn 6 out of 8 of the stockings so getting there...luckily there is an amazing fish and chip shop down the road serving not gourmet but definitely delicious seafood thank-you number 16!
 

We are going to the carols tonight and perhaps in the morning I can convince Joel to take a walk along the Bather's Way with me (thank-you number 14 and 21) 

No comments:

Post a Comment